SSS Challenge Before I Batten Down the Hatches!

(*Are you liking how I have thumbnail links to my supplies used at the bottom of my posts? Be sure to keep stopping by over the next few weeks to see how you could use them too!*)

Happy Friday Everyone!

What a strange week it has been. On Tuesday we had an earthquake, and this weekend, expecting a hurricane.  Things like this don't happen on the East Coast!

Needless to say, a State of Emergency was declared for us for the weekend. I feel like I should be more concerned. I mean, I did what I'm supposed to do: stock up on water and non-perishables, flashlights, batteries, back up battery for the sump pump is charged, brought all things inside, etc. They also said we should pack a bag incase we get evacuated, that I still need to do.  The husband and his dad checked our gutters and window wells this morning.  As of now, the worst isn't supposed to come until Sunday. I really just hope we don't lose power. 1.) I'd rather not craft by candlelight 2.) Being housebound with a 2 year old is hard enough with power some days. Some people are panicking, I am not (yet).

I wanted to get in a quick post before hand, just in case things get crazy.

Here is my card for the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

This is really different for me. I rarely use this much patterned paper on a card.  It's also pretty far from CAS, which makes me uncomfortable.  I feel like it's too 'busy'. It's a 5x5 card...and truth be told my plan is to frame it and hang in the baby's room along with some other wall art I've made.








Supplies Used



















Not pictured: Papertrey Ink Journal Tab Dies, Basic Grey Lime Rickety Paper 

4 comments

  1. Nice card, you should use patterned paper more often :) I am not very good about it either, but I have a very large stash of it, so I need to be better about using it too. Stay safe from Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh woow I love the cute main Images and lovely DP you have choosen and nice white pen on that Love words...very lovely done...I am joining also the challenge from simon says challenge, my card is number 42 would you mind to see my blog...and many thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would make fantastic wall art for the baby's room :) Stay safe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Danielle! This card is FREAKING FANTASTIC! I love it so much. Oh my gosh, I have to go peek again.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top