Christmas in August

 It's Christmas in August of at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog.  If you know me, you know I love Christmas, so I knew I had to play along with this one.
I used one of my favorite Hero Arts sets to create this cozy little scene.  As for the background I used Hero Arts Soft Pool ink and one of my Sizzix embossing folders.  I colored the house in with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I've never done it before (definitely need practice), but overall for my first try with shading and everything I was pretty happy.

In other news, today was our 3 year wedding anniversary as well the husband's 30th birthday so we had lots to celebrate. The weather really cooperated by giving us torrential downpours with some tornado warnings mixed in! (Did you sense the sarcasm?)

Oh and looky what I got in the mail


Well it's late and I am falling alseep at the computer so I believe it is time to turn in. Night!

Stamps
Sending Holiday Cheer (Hero Arts)

2 comments

  1. I cannot say enough about your card Danielle..WOW!! it certainly hits the top of Christmas cards I have seen in a long time...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love the background and how it looks like it's snowing. You totally rocked this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top