Let Your Heart be Light with November Guest Designer Meghan Peterson



Good morning friends! It is Friday once again and I have the pleasure of being on Neat & Tangled’s blog again this week as November’s Guest Designer. This week I decided to make a more Christmas-y card than my first winter-themed card.

I used one of my favorite holidays stamp sets again Scandinavian Christmas Tree. Last week I just used a sentiment but today I’m using the layering Christmas tree stamps to create that Nordic Christmas look. As they are our background instead of our focal point, I used light gray inks to fill in our background with trees. Using the lightest inks, I stamped two different solid tree images around my panel to fill up as much space as possible. Then a slightly darker ink was used to stamp the details for the trees. Then a third darker ink was used for the open circles to fill in the space and emulate snow falling through the trees.



With our neutral background done, it’s time for our focal point. I absolutely adore the Heart of Gold Nice and Neat Die. I wanted to create a two-toned glitter heart for the top center of our panel. First I dry-embossed the heart on gold glitter card stock. Then using the outside impression of the die, I cut out the heart so I had a solid gold heart with the pattern embossed into it. Then I die cut completely the heart from copper glitter cardstock. Using medium matte glue I glued the copper heart onto the solid heart, to give a two-toned heart with texture and dimension.



I glued this heart on to my panel making sure to leave the top edges of the heart unglued. This allowed me to die cut some leaves from the Medallion Flower Builder Nice and Neat Dies and glue them on top and behind our heart. These green/blue leaves give a pop of color and more interest to our focal point. In these leaves I added our sentiment strip, using our Christmas tree stamp set to the top of our heart. I added a few blue/green gemstones for a bit more pop of color and texture, and this card is complete!



Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a great week ahead and we’ll see you next week!

Xoxo
Meghan

3 comments

Back to Top