Floral Mixed Media Tags | VIDEO | Natalie Elphinstone

Hi friends, it's Natalie here today and I wanted to share some of my favourite mixed media techniques with you to create these bold and vibrant layered tags.


I think sometimes as card makers we hear the term 'mixed media' and think it's for those arty folks who like to get messy with abstract painting and collage glue and all sorts of unfamiliar colouring mediums! But mixed media just means using a variety of different mediums or materials on the same project which means it's definitely achievable with the Neat and Tangled products you already have in your stash and a few of your standard cardmaking supplies.


Think about it.... if you create a card using an ink-blended background, a watercoloured image and finish it off with a sprinkling of sequins then that's mixed media! You might have been doing it for years, but just haven't called it by that name. And it can be as messy and abstract as you would like, or you can keep it clean and simple with a more graphic appeal.


In my video today I'm going to share all the techniques I used to create these tags, along with a few tricks and secrets along the way. I hope maybe I can teach you something new, or remind you to pull out some forgotten mediums. But most of all I hope to show you how easy it can be!

          

Supplies Used:

Classic Tag 2 Die Set
Friendly Florals Stamp Set
Friendly Florals Die Set
So Many Sentiments Stamp Set
Swirly Twirly Stencil
Nesting Hexagons Stencil
Geometric Blooms Stencil

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, and definitely please share any projects you make inspired by my tutorial today. I would LOVE to see!

Happy creating!
xxx
Natalie

16 comments

  1. These mixed media tags are so beautiful with lovely colors and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed the chance to try out some new and different colour combinations on each tag. So fun!

      Delete
  2. Love these tags! Must dash to my craft room and make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I am so happy to have inspired you to get a little crafty today!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's really fun to try some different techniques from time to time. A chance to experiment!

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely lovely Natalie. I am very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy! I hope you'll share any project you might make?
      xx

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful tags with colorful flowers 😊

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top