Send some love with doily envelope and more

Hello dear friends!

St.Valentine's Day is over BUT love will never ends! Today I prepared for you two cards that I created especially to my beloved friends. I think that love-themed stamps/dies is a must have in every one's stash, because it's a great way to say "I love you" more often!

So let's start with the first card using newest super-duper Doily Envelope die. I used deep red Bazzil Basics cardstock for the semi-envelope (that in such way looks like a very beautiful wrap to my card) and a pale grey cardstock for the card.
I left some die-cuts uncleaned to add some interest and adhered a love word die-cut using Love notes die set in the center. For the card itself I used Love notes stamp set, so stamped words and die-cut one become the one phrase. Finally I closed my wrap with a rose twine.


The second card is in rose and black color combo that I like very much. I used Scalloped stencil with distress blending for my background and it turned out very tender and soft. Then I stamped focal point images from Perfect blend stamp set and used it as well for a sentiment that was heat embossed with white embossing powder on a black cardstock. I used foam adhesive for a sentiment to add little dimension to the one layer card and covered a coffee in cups with glossy accents.


I hope you enjoyed my cards today and if so I will be happy to read your kind comments! 
xoxo

11 comments

  1. Your friendship cards make me smile! The elegant doily wrap that opens to reveal a sweet card: gorgeous! The coffee themed card: stunning in its simplicity! Heart-warming, both!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sveta! I love your work so much! You put things together that I would never come up with and they are just fantastic! The deep red with the gray is stunning, and you are right about your coffee card...it is tender and soft! I am going to try some of your color combos. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that my ideas inspired you to go and ink some stamps))) Hope to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. When you love someone, you don't just love them on one day, like Valentine's Day, you love them everyday, right? That's why I love your first card. It looks so old fashioned with the doily die. My grandmother used to crochet doily's and that's what this reminds me of. The coffee card is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh my grandmoms too! This doily envelope is so cool for little no-occasion love notes) Thanks, Gail!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. glad you like it too! thanks for your comment)

      Delete

  5. Heya,

    I got my Doily Envelope die today in the mail and had to start playing with it right away. Only mine won't cut through the intricate design. Tried all sorts of sandwiches, but nothing really works... would you share your sandwich? I am using the Big Shot btw... Thanks so much for your help, and I love what you did with the die ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nilje! Thanks for your attention and question. I'm using Big Shot as well and it's quite old, so doesn't cut properly alog all it's surface, so I need to switch die position (together with cardstock, adhered together with washi tape) a few times while running through machine. My teamies also use special metal plate for intricate die-cutting, do you have such?

      Delete
    2. Hello Fotinia and thanks so much for your response!
      Thanks so much for the tips. I am using the Big Shot and have both metal shims and the precision base plate. Haven't tried the washi tape, so I am def. going to try that.
      What card stock are you using? Heavy weight? I tried thinner card stock and thought that might be a problem... ;)

      Delete

Back to Top