Hello There!

Hello there!

Mayuri here to share a card using the Topography stamp set!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled February 2017 - Topography

That large topographical background is soooo versatile, and you can do so many different techniques with it, as demonstrated by the DT during release week! I chose to white heat emboss it onto a panel of white cardstock before applying a wash of colour ;-)

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled February 2017 - Topography

I took various ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens and roughly scribbled each colour at the top of the embossed panel before spritzing with water. The water allowed the colours to blend with each other, but also run down to the bottom of the panel, creating streaks of colour...

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled February 2017 - Topography

Before the colours became too watered and blended with each other I heat set the panel and trimmed it down to the same size as my card base. I adhered it straight down and set it aside to work on the next element, which was the die-cut sentiment. This was created using the Hello There die, and cut from some black cardstock a few times and adhered together to make a thicker embellishment.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled February 2017 - Topography


I adhered the die-cut element to the card front and finished off with some Gold Mix sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments

  1. Hi Mayuri, What a neat technique! Love the way the colors flow, just like watercolors! You made an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oaky, I am someone who loves color. The more colorful the better, so do you think I like this one or not? Love it! I love that you used my favorite color, yellow, because not enough people use yellow. I love the background and I love how it looks like the colors are dripping down the card. I love how you embossed it too. My embossing gun did double duty as a defrositng gun for my freezer (long story) and I blew it out. Now I need to buy a new one, then I can emboss again. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that?!?! I'd love to try that technique...amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much inspiration for 2018. Cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top