More than Coffee

It's Friday and out January guest designer Stephanie Klauck is back!  She created a video to share with us today too!  Here's Stephanie:

Hi everyone, it's Stephanie here with another card to share. For today's card I wanted to do a little watercolouring and I thought the Perfect Blend stamp set would work great for the idea I had. 

So I stamped out a bunch of the coffee cups from the stamp set onto watercolour paper using Versafine ink and then I added colour to all of them using watercolours and a #0 round watercolour brush.


Once I had them all painted, I let them dry and created a watercolour wash for the background on another cardstock panel. I cut out the coffee cups using my scissors once they were dry and then I adhered them in a stack on the background I created. I love the messy watercolour on the cups against the background I created.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto a strip of watercolour paper so it would match with the background panel and then I trimmed it out. I used foam tape to adhere it to my card, just under the stack of cups.



To finish the card I added some clear sequins and then adhered the panel to a top-folding grey card base.
You can see how I created the card in the video below:


Thanks for joining me on the blog today! I'll be back next week with one more card to share.

7 comments

Back to Top