Adding Stitching To Stamped Images with Neat & Tangled Barnyard Buddies

I love the beautiful detail of adding stitching on stamped images and I'm so inspired by the stitching of other makers so I've been practicing! Today I've got a few of my stitching tips to share with you and a little video!

Here are a few of my tips for stitching...
  • Use heavyweight cardstock to help prevent warping or tearing when you are stitching.
  • No-line coloring is a great way to add color before stitching and keep stitched lines from competing with the stamped lines.
  • Choose alcohol-based coloring mediums like Copic markers over water-based mediums to avoid smearing images while stitching.
  • Use Copic markers to color embroidery thread to match project perfectly!
  • Pre-punch holes for stitching with a craft pick.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carly

Supplies:
Foliage Frame stamps (for "hello")
Dream Big stamps (for cloud)
To The Stars stamps (for cloud)
Copic Markers B0000, B21, YG11, YG41, R14, R27, R35, BV00, BV02, BV08, E47, E37, E35, C9, C6 & C4

3 comments

  1. I love this stitching technique, and your copic coloring on floss is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! I love the stitched details. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top