On the Edge Thinking of you Card


Hi crafty friends! It's Cheiron here with my monthly post. I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning in the studio and have realized that I have a lot of stamps that have not seen any love in a long time. Today I am working with some of my older Neat and Tangled stamps - On the Edge and Just Thinking of You to create a fun card with a colorful Distress Oxide background.



To create this fun background, I used my Tim Holtz travel stamp platform and stamped in a variety of colors to give my card a sort of vintage rainbow feel.  It's not the usual traditional rainbow colors that I use, but I love the look of them in real life, they are so vibrant and almost look like they were gelli printed. I sprayed the entire stamped panel with a Distress Sprayer filled with water and blotted it with a paper towel. To finish the card, I added a heart that I inked with Distress Oxides and stamped with the sentiment from the Just Thinking of You stamp set and layered that heart onto a vellum heart and adhered it to the card. For the finishing touch, I added just a few Crystal Clear sequins.


I hope this will inspire you to take out some of your old favorites and mix them with with newer products :)

SUPPLIES: 

4 comments

  1. wonderful way to use edge stamps!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweet gem literally has my heart! What a unique look - I simply love it. Wish I could see how you did this magic. I love the colors, too. I've got to play with these inks more and more. They are so great and so are you. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top