Awesome Geometric Circles with Cathy Zielske


It's the last Friday of the month which means, sadly, we have to say goodbye to this month's guest designer Cathy Zielske.  Cathy's projects this month have been such a treat and today's project is no different.  She's featuring our Geometric Circles cover plate and Awesome dies.  Here's Cathy with all the details:

Today I'm sharing my third and final card as the guest designer for Neat & Tangled. And today's card is kind of special. It's the, how does one say, pièce de résistance? But specifically, it is my ode to the one and only Laura Bassen, one of my true card making idols and all around card magician.


You see, a long time ago, (okay, last year…), Laura made an amazing card you see below using a Neat & Tangled cover plate and she posted about it here.


I went nuts for the card. Ordered all the supplies. Tried my best to emulate the master but it ended up being a hot mess so instead, I dialed it down just a bit and created a card you see on this post. (Oh, I was so young and green!)


But I always wanted to tackle the technique that Laura used and for this card, I finally managed to achieve the result I was looking for.


Only one problem: on the video you're about to see, a handful of clips are missing that show me actually DOING the technique. But I thought I'd keep the video anyway because the result was so good! And yes, to really learn the technique, just go watch Laura's video here.

Without further ado, here is my video, missing clips and all!


To see my full supply list, visit my blog.

6 comments

  1. These are beautiful cards and amazing dies. Unfortunately dies are beyond my budget, but enjoying is free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover die and your lovely design! Beautiful blending of colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card! I love that background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME, thanks for the video! I too think Laura Bassen's work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being obsessed with Laura's card, this card is equally as stunning and you sound like you had fun making it. Are you sending yours to Laura ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! And so much fun, popping up die cuts. (Took me about 3 seconds to work out what WWLD stood for, hahaha, love it!)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top