Mayuri here to share a card using the Scalloped Cover Plate ;-)
The intricate nature of this die really made me want to pull out my laser transfer foils and double-sided adhesive sheets for a technique I've used before. I began by covering a piece of cardstock with the adhesive sheet and then running it through my die-cutting machine with the coverplate.
I separated the cardstock from the die very carefully as I didn’t really want the pieces to fall out – thankfully, they stayed put, but to be on the safe side, I also applied some packing tape on the back to hold everything together. I carefully peeled away the liner paper from the smaller shapes only, leaving the border intact and exposing the adhesive just in those areas. Then I laid down some silver laser transfer foil over the sticky areas and gently burnished with my fingers.
I lifted the foil sheet away leaving the silver to adhere to the shapes and I couldn’t believe how quick and easy the process was! I repeated this using copper coloured foil for the border to complete my background. I then foam mounted the piece to a white card base.
For the sentiment, I went back to an oldie but a goodie - the Sparkle and Shine stamp set! I stamped the sentiment with Versamark onto some navy cardstock, sprinkled with Silver embossing powder and heat set. I trimmed it out and foam mounted to the card front.
To finish, I added a mixture of sequins ;-)
Thanks for stopping by!