Negative die cutting technique for Ahoy card with Sveta

Hello everyone!

Sveta is here to share an Ahoy card using the new Yo ho ho stamp set and Yo ho ho Nice and Neat dies in dark colors. 
I first prepared my characters: a pirate girl and a cat. I used watercolor paper, water resistance ink and watercolor brush pens. Then I die cut them using the coordinating dies.


Next, I took black cardstock and the Lucky stars Nice and Neat die and used a negative die-cutting technique to create a starry background. Then I used some ink spray for tiny light splashes. 


The next step was to arrange  the focal point background using the Making Waves Nice and Neat Dies: white cardstock for the background circle and the black one for the scene circle.


For the sentiment I die cut a little strip from the Kitty's Favorite Things Nice and Neat Dies from white cardstock and stamped three separate words from the Yo ho ho stamp set making one phrase.


Hope you enjoyed today's card. Wishing you a great week ahead.

16 comments

Back to Top