Die-Cut Layering with Daria

Hello Dears,

Daria here. Thanks for joining us today. I have a couple of cards to share with you.

I really like to mix and match papers different in shade and texture. I think it adds so much to the depth and overall design.  So today, I am playing with die-cutting and layering different die-cut elements over each other to create dimension and interest on my cards.


For my first card, I used Seeing Stars Nice and Neat Die. As it is one big die, it took me no time at all to make all the different die-cuts from dark blue, vellum and glitter cardstock.


One of the five layers on this card made with dry embossing the Seeing Stars Nice and Neat Die onto the card-base. I've also made a few separate stars from Etc. Paper - wood-like paper sheets. Sentiment comes from my another favorite - Scandinavian Prints Stamp Set.


For my second project, I've took coordinating dies for Medallion Flower Builder set. I think, I can use it over and over again, and each time the result would be different.


I die-cut lots of flower petals, again from different types of paper: white, light blue, vellum, glitter and wood-like paper from Etc. Papers. Then, I put them on a burlap string across the card, adhering some of them in strategic spots for more stability. It took some time, but I really like the way it turned out.


I heat embossed the sentiment from the Medallion Flower Builder set in white.  It looks very contrast on a darker card base, but coordinates with white flower petals on the top of the card.


Hope you liked these ideas and will give them a try :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Daria.

Neat&Tangled products used: 
Medallion Flower Builder Stamp Set
Medallion Flower Builder Nice and Neat Dies 
Seeing Stars Nice and Neat Die
Scandinavian Prints Stamp Set

6 comments

Back to Top