March Guest Designer - Kay Miller


Hey everyone!  We're thrilled to be introducing Kay Miller as our guest designer this month!  Kay's got a beautiful, bright and clean graphic style, and we know you're going to love her cards this month!  Her's a little more about Kay:

Hi, I’m Kay Miller. I’ve been in love with stamping and card making for over 25 years, after wandering into a small stamp store in Anacortez, Washington, while visiting my Grandfather. I was totally enthralled then, and I’m still as excited about it today as I was then! I am currently living a long time dream of mine, creating for several of my favorite stamp companies. I live in Missouri with my wonderful husband, two great kids, and lots of furry friends. Along with my love of card making, I also enjoy creating Christmas ornaments from Polymer clay, digital scrapbooking, photography, and long walks outside with the doggies.

I am super excited to be guesting with Neat & Tangled this month! They have some of the cutest stamps and dies around!

It was love at first sight when I saw the Medallion Flower Builder stamp set and dies! I'm a sucker for anything you can make into a flower or use for radial symmetry. I have two cards to share with you today using this fun new set!



I started with a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the leaves on that using Distress Inks. I then took a brush and some water and loosely went around the edges creating a soft watercolor look. When that was dry I added some speckles with the same Distress Inks.



I cut the watercolored panel to fit the top of my card and glued that down with adhesive tape. I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment underneath in the same shades of ink that I stamped the leaves in. I then cut out three of the flower/leaf dies, arranged them on the side, and added some rain stones to finish it up.



For my next card I wanted to use the dies to create a flower. I took some plain white card stock and blended some purple and pink ink onto it, then cut the petals from that. I stamped the flower in the center of the card, then arranged the petals around it.



I used the tiny circle stamps and stamped those in between the petals, and added some sequins to the center. I used the MISTI to stamp the sentient with the same purple and pink inks to match the flowers.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

10 comments

  1. I love what you did with the medallions! Lovely colors the medallions over the leaves looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Love the green watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Kay, love her work! She rocked the Medallion Flower set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely cards! Kay always brings the best to any set. Love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay, I don't think I've seen your work before so clearly I have been missing out! Your cards and techniques are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So into the Watercolor look beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top