Amy Sheffer December Finale


Happy Friday!

Sadly, our Guest Designer Amy Sheffer is sharing her final projects with us today.  It's been such a pleasure to have here with us this  month, and I know you're going to love what she's prepared today.  Here's Amy with the details:

I'm excited to be back today for my last week as guest designer. A big thank you to Neat & Tangled for having me!



For my first project today, I've paired the sweet cats from Purrfect with the Big Hugs Nice and Neat die. One of my favorite parts in the card-amaking process is adding in all the extra details that make a card extra special. This card is pretty basic and simple, but I've still included a lot of my favorite details.


First, I did some ink blending on the sentiment for an ombre look, leaving the top white. Along the bottom of the letters, I added irregular, random white dots of paint for a whimsical look.


Next, the hearts have been painted with a clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle. One of my favorite ways to add subtle texture is with vellum. Here, I've added a strip of torn striped vellum to the lower border. I also love to add stitching. It's so subtle, but can really make a difference. I had fun coloring these two kitties -- especially the Siamese!



My next card is a quilted take on the Star Cover Plate. I cut five of these -- one in white card stock and the other four from coordinating patterned papers. 


Then I inlaid the various patterns in the star centers and the star points in a quilt fashion. To make the process go a little quicker, I used spray adhesive on a base panel, rather than trying to glue each individual piece. I can't wait to try this in different colors for different seasons and occasions! 


Once I was done with the background, I added a two-layer sentiment using the Merry & Bright dies. To help the sentiment stand out a little more, I added a narrow strip of vellum behind the sentiment. 


And last, I stamped a kraft envelope using the Please Deliver stamp set. I love how easy it is to transform your envelopes into something special with just a few impressions!

Once again, thank you Neat & Tangled for having me as your guest!

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The cat card, WOW so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful cards and coloring! Great new dies and stamps! Thank you Amy for sharing all of these!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top