Raining Love with Koren Wiskman



Hello everyone, Koren here. Today I have a shaker card using some heavy weight vellum and the Stitched Cloud Dies by Neat & Tangled and Benzie Designs. I also used the paint swoosh from the Paint Night stamp set and the Love word die from the Love Notes die set also by Neat & Tangled. 

Background:
I started by cutting a piece of Neenah 110 Solar White cardstock to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4. I loaded it into my Mini MISTI along with the paint swoosh stamp from the Paint Night stamp set. I stamped it several times toward the bottom of the card panel (using other elements of the card to count for spacing). I stamped the swoosh from the Paint Night stamp set with Gina K Designs ink in Peach Bellini, Prickly Pear, Fresh Asparagus, and Turquoise Sea. I tried to keep them in line with each other spaced evenly apart. 


I used the "Love" word die, from the Neat & Tangled Love Notes die set and aligned it toward the bottom of the card, slightly overlapping my stamped images. I ran this through my die cutting machine and saved all of the negative pieces from the cut. I then layered the word die by cutting it three additional times from the same white cardstock. I glued them together using Nuvo Deluxe liquid adhesive. For the final layer of the word die, I used the piece that was cut from the main panel. This will allow the word to appear from under the stamped images. To adhere it all together I used the same liquid adhesive to alight the panel onto my card base. I used a Simon Says Stamp Fog card base cut to size A2 and scored in a top folding portrait orientation. This gives me a backing for me to glue my word die, so I glued it directly into that space that was cut out. To finish it up, I used the same glue to add the negative pieces from inside the "L, O, and E".


Shaker:
To create the shaker, I used my favorite Heavy Weight Vellum and cut it twice using one of the shaker cloud dies from the Stitched Cloud Dies collaboration with Benzie Designs. I used white bakers twine to seal up the bottom of my shaker pouch first. I then added some of the Crystal Clear sequins as well as a few gold sequins to fill the pouch. After sealing up the pouch using the bakers twine, I tied a pretty white bow in the upper left corner of the cloud. I adhered this cloud directly to my card using clear foam tape to die it as much as possible. 

Sentiment:
I stamped the "change is good" sentiment from the Moon Magic stamp set also by Neat & Tangled. I stamped it in Gina K designs Watermark ink and heat embossed it with Simon Says Stamp white embossing powder. I attached the sentiment to the popped up cloud using Scotch 3M foam tape. 

I hope that you have been inspired to create something today, 
Koren 

1 comment

Back to Top