Good Vibes Only with Cheiron


Hi crafty friends! It's Cheiron here, hope you are all keeping healthy and safe. I have been working from home the past two weeks and cooking A LOT 😉I've also been cleaning and organizing in my studio a bit each day, and while I've been going through my stamps, I've pulled out a few sets I have not used in a while, so I can show them some love. Today I have a trio of cards that I made using Alcohol Ink backgrounds. I've been experimenting with them a ton this week, and love trying out different color combos. I've combined these backgrounds with one of my favorite Neat and Tangled sets of all time, Good Vibes. For me, this sentiment says it all - it can be for an occasion (thinking of you, under the weather) or no occasion at all. All I know is we could all probably use some good vibes right about now!


To make these cards, I cut sheets of 5 x7 Ranger Yupo paper in half (3 1/2 x 5) and created a bunch of backgrounds. The finished size of these cards is 4 x 5 1/2. For the first card, I created a very light Alcohol Ink Background that covered the entire panel using Gumball, Lemonade, Mojito and Laguna Alcohol Inks. I put the inks on my glass mat, added some Alcohol Ink Blending Solution and swiped the panel through. Once the panel was dry, I stamped the 'sending' in Garden Patina Archival Ink and the 'good vibes' with Jet Black Archival Ink. I mounted the panel onto a black mat, then onto a white card then added 3 Sophisticated Enamel Dots to the bottom of the card.

For my second card, I wanted to leave some white space. I started by putting some blending solution directly on my Yupo paper then added Alcohol Inks one at a time and using an Alcohol Ink Air Blower before adding the next color. I used Dijon, Gumball and Rosewood for this one. I stamped and fussy cut the sentiment and added some coordinating colors to the letters with a waterbrush.

This last one is probably my favorite of the set. I used the same technique as the second card, using Moss, Monsoon, and Laguna Alcohol Inks, using the Air Blower in between each color add and the Foundry Alloy which I feel is a wonderful mix of silver and gold. I stamped the sentiment in Cobalt Archival Ink, mounted it onto some gold cardstock, then onto Soft Navy cardstock and added a few Sophisticated Enamel Dots.

These types of cards would be easy to replicate with any colorful backgrounds- Distress Ink, watercoloring, pattern stamping...I hope you give it a try and get some Good Vibes of your own in the mail!

SUPPLIES: 

3 comments

  1. Wow! What a happy vibe here this morning! I love the backgrounds, love this great die and love Cheiron's inspiration. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing alcohol ink background examples since I don't get that great results when I try them.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top