A Classic Christmas Wreath with Koren Wiskman


Hello everyone. Koren here with another Christmas card using the Classic Christmas stamp set and coordinating dies. I created a red Christmas wreath with white "baby's breath" type accent flowers made with Nuvo drops. 

I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock. I used one half to make my card base today and the other I cut down to stamp my wreath. I loaded kraft cardstock and the two loose wreath stamps from the Neat & Tangled Classic Christmas stamp set into my Mini MISTI. I stamped the two wreath pieces two at a time, (six times total)with alcohol marker friendly ink onto the kraft cardstock. I colored the leaves of each piece using red alcohol markers. 

To create the white "baby's breath", I used some white Nuvo Drops in a small syringe to create the extremely small dots. It's easy to transfer the Nuvo drops into the syringe and it gives you the smallest drops of all time. I added the small drops to the image wherever the image called for them, instead of coloring them. I found that if you have two drops that are touching each other it is best to wait for the first one to dry before adding the second drop- This helps keep them from forming one larger drop. 

For the sentiment, I loaded the kraft card base directly into my mini MISTI and the "happy holidays" sentiment. I stamped it towards the lower third of the card panel and slightly more to the right side with sticky embossing ink. I then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 

To adhere my wreath pieces I used both liquid adhesive and some Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares. I adhered every other piece flat to the card panel while popping up the rest. 

I had the silver Jingle Bell from my stash and the white twine. I tied a double bow onto the bell and used a Glue Dot to adhere it to the wreath.

Not gonna lie, the best part about this card is that it jingles. I can't find the exact bells that I had in my stash, but I've linked to something similar that would also make your card ring.

This card would be an easy card to mass produce for the holidays and it's simple yet traditional features make it lots of fun.

I hope I've inspired you to create today. Happy Holidays.

Koren

2 comments

  1. So christmasy. Thank you for sharing this design, do love this colour combination & of course the bell is the best. Have a great Christmas x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top