Adding Bright Colours with Daria [VIDEO]


Hello-hello Dear Friends,

Daria here. Today, I am again playing with Grateful Heart stamp set. I wanted to create bright and bold card and ended up with a few quite different projects. There is a video too, where I am sharing the process along with some ideas and tricks.  

Watch The Process Video 




Inspiration for the card was the one from Mindy Eggen. She created a very bright and beautiful card in red and gold for the August Release week. When I saw it, I thought that I had to try making something as bold and bright.  Plus, I really wanted to try the pop-art style colour combo by Yana Smakula that she used in one of her videos (you can find it here).  

So, I started with heat-embossing a flower image from Grateful Heart stamp set in white over a bright pink cardstock. Then, I took blending tool and picked raspberry distress ink. I applied the ink heavily over the flowers. It creates visual dimension and the pattern doesn't look flat. 


While making this card, I couldn't resist stamping the same pattern in black over white. I really like the contrast of black and white stamping. I think it looks fresh and rich (if that's the right word, lol).


For both of the cards, I added several sentiments from  Typed Sentiments stamp set  and So Many Sentiments stamp set. I stamped them onto colourful banners made with Skinny Stripes dies. Colours of the banners bring a fresh feel for both of the cards and make the sentiments pop over a quite busy background. 


A few enamel dots  from Sophisticated Enamel Dots set became a perfect finishing touch. And there is a short video for the second card too. It will be available at our IGTV on Instagram.  Click here to find it.

It is interesting how from one inspiration you get two very different projects... Let me know which of the cards you like more?

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you've liked those ideas and will give them a try.
Have a wonderful day,

D.

4 comments

Back to Top