Hello Summer Gradient Watercolor

Hi there crafty friends! It's Cheiron here and I am happy to share this fun card with you today to celebrate the first day of summer tomorrow. I don't know about you, but summer is my favorite season, I love everything about it. The warmth, the ocean, the barbecues and especially the sunsets.

Today, I have created a super easy summer card using the Hello Summer stamp set. To create this card, I used a panel of watercolor paper and one of my big watercolor wash brushes. I went over the entire panel with water, then added in vibrant liquid watercolors to the panel in a gradient and brushed each color into the next. I love the warm, earthy look here.



To complete the card, I stamped the words from the Hello Summer set onto my completely dry panel using a stamp positioner, and stamped the word summer with Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide. I also colored in the sun and the ice cream cone with some Distress Oxides that I smushed onto my craft sheet and picked up with a water brush.


I hope you enjoyed this bright and sunny card, and that you are planning to make the most of the summer and sharing a sunset with people you love!

SUPPLIES: 

3 comments

Back to Top