Joy, Warmth & Love Of The Season With Debby Hughes



Hi, it's Debby here today with a last dash on the Christmas card making! This watercoloured background was quick to paint and showcases the large sentiment from the Wishing You Love set beautifully.



There are two ways you can create a background such as this. You can stamp the sentiment in clear embossing ink on watercolour card and white heat emboss before painting and letting the heat embossing resist the paint. This allows the paint to puddle around the heat embossing and gives nice variation. However, you can get paint dots drying on the heat embossing which need wiping off afterwards. Alternatively, and this is the method I chose for this card, you can watercolour a loose background and then when dry stamp and emboss the sentiment.



I painted a layer of Daniel Smith Quinacridone Coral and Rose of Ultramarine on Arches Hot Pressed watercolour card and then dried that layer before painting an Indigo layer over the top. I dried the panel again and then splattered with the paint colours I'd used and in addition a silvery Finetec paint and Winsor & Newton White Gouache. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Wishing You Love set in clear embossing ink and white heat embossed.



I trimmed the watercoloured panel down slightly and mounted on an A2 side folding white card base. I then die cut a Stitched Slope and a house and couple of trees using the Warm Winter Scene die from white card. I foam mounted these over the bottom of the panel and then accented with Sweetheart and Snowfall sequins.

Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you next time!

4 comments

  1. Hi Debby, Your card is just gorgeous! I just love eveything about it, the simplicity, the sentiment, and the watercolored and splattered background. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww!! This is GORGEOUS!! What an amazing scene with a stunning background!! Totally in love <3

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top