Merry & Bright Leaves with Yoonsun Hur

TGIF!  Today our October guest designer, Yoonsun Hur, is back with us showing us how you can stretch your fall sets to cover other occasions.  Take a look:


Hello crafty friends, Yoonsun here and I am happy to be sharing another Christmas card using the Maple Thanks stamp set and the Merry and Bright Nice and Neat die. Maple Thanks is technically an autumn set, but we can also use it for Christmas projects too. Why not?


Before stamping, I tore the top & bottom part of the watercolor panel. I then stamped maple leaves from the Maple Thanks set onto the panel using Antique Linen Distress ink, and coloured the stamped leaves with some Distress markers: (Red) Candied Apple, (Green) Crushed Olive & Lucky Clover. The background was coloured with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a wet paint brush.



Once the panel was dry, I heat embossed the maple leaf images over each of the 4 coloured leaves in white – I didn’t do white heat embossing before coloring on purpose. I just wanted to make snow-covered leaves.



For the sentiment, I die cut the word “Merry & Bright” from kraft card stock five times, and then stacked them up using a fine tip glue pen. Finally, I mounted the background panel on a side-folded kraft card base using double-sided tape first, and then added the sentiment die cuts using foam tape.




Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!!

6 comments

Back to Top