Life is Beautiful

N&T Apr 13

Hello! It's Rubeena, and I'm back to share a guest post with you today. When I craft, I usually just want to make pretty things. However, today's card was inspired by a deep gratitude for the beautiful things in life. I mixed up a few sets to create a collage look. One of my first sets from Neat & Tangled was the Origami Map. I started with a 4.25" x 5.5" watercolor panel that I prepped with some powder to prevent stray embossing powder. I stamped parts of the map in the corners with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I colored using blue and green watercolor shades.

   N&T Apr 13c

I die-cut black cardstock using A Lot To Say die. Then I stamped the sentiment from Life is Beautiful with VersaMark ink on it and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I arranged it in the upper left corner and trimmed it down before adding it to the colored panel with foam tape.

  N&T Apr 13b

What I wanted this card to convey is joy. I feel quite blessed in my life, and I'm surrounded by good things and experiences in my world. I wanted to use the cute girl from Life is Beautiful, along with a few of the flower pots. I stamped them with a Copic-friendly black ink and colored with Copic markers. I fussy cut them and set them aside. The next part is a bit tricky. I used the Hoop die to cut through double-sided foam. I had tried it with Scor sheets first but forgot to tape one side to cardstock to make it sturdier. The foam worked out better. I removed one side of the sheet so I could sprinkle some blue glitter on it. After removing the excess, I cut off the hoop closure and taped the circle on the card. I added the girl and flower pots using foam tape. Finally, I finished it off with some sequins from Lucy's Little Things Phosphorescence Shaker Mix.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments

  1. How adorable! Love the coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - your SUPER CUTE card is OVERFLOWING with INKY AWESOMENESS Rubeena - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a seriously, totally BLUEtiful card!!! Love it - Rubeena is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top