March Guest Designer: Lisa Spangler!

Hi friends! Danielle here to introduce another post from our amazing guest designer, Lisa Spangler! What a great way to kick start Friday! Prepare to be amazed :) I know she has some step by step photos too, so be sure to swing by her blog!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hi everyone it's Lisa here, back with another guest post. Just so honored to be here! Today I'm sharing a card that was so much fun to make because I got to get inky -- really inky! In fact, there are 8 different inks on this card that features the You + Me set. 



As soon as I saw the set, I thought of making a Venn diagram -- because my husband and I are both math nerds. (Little known fact, I have two degrees in math. But I don't "do" numbers LOL!) I thought about it a bit more, then decided I wanted to make something a little less geeky and I decided to make a flower out of the petal shaped stamp. I plan to get my geek on later, tho!

So, I started out by making a little dot in the center of the card with my pencil, and then I went at it stamping the petals in different colors, lining up the point with the dot. It looked so pretty that I just couldn't cover it up with a message, so I decided to white heat emboss the "you are awesome" on a vellum. 

I couldn't bear to add anything else to the front -- so I added some more to the inside -- come join me on my blog to see plus step out photos and a list of inks!

Thanks!!! And thanks again for having me! xo
Lisa

5 comments

  1. How creative, Lisa - love this!!! I'm headed to your blog to see how you worked your magic :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Just beautiful! Wow!! Love the colors and the vellum sentiment stripe!! Seriously, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa's card is every bit delightful and gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great job on a fun, colorful, happy card. I like the vellum sentiment to let the colors show!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top