So yesterday I was checking my blog and noticed an unusual amount of traffic. So I took a peek at where it was coming from. Seriously my heart stopped, because it was from Joy Taylor's blog Less is More. Um, hello, I've been lurking and stalking her site forever. I love her style. Needless to say I headed over to see that she had given me a Stylish Blogger Award. ME!
These are the rules for accepting the award...
So, when you accept the award, you must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards
Here are 8 things that I will share with you:
- I secretly wish I lived during the 50's. I Love Lucy is my absolute favorite show (Hence our dog Lucy, and cat, Fred. There was an Ethel, but she passed away.) I just love shows from that time, movies, the fashion, styles, home decor, lifestyle, etc.
- The only time I can fall asleep easily is if Hubby is still awake. I think this stems from when I was young I used to love drifting off to the sound of my mom washing dishes or dad watching tv. Something comforting about the presence of others I guess? I also have to have the tv on.
- I've had the same best friend for 20+ years, we've been friends since Kindergarten.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I changed my major 4 times in college because I couldn't figure out what I wanted, but now I am a stay at home mom and I know this is what I was put on Earth to do.
- I HATE shopping (unless it's for crafty stuff or things for G). Don't get me wrong, I love beautiful shoes, clothes, bags, etc but I lack the patience to search for them. I need a personal shopper.
- I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Is it sad that my 1 year old knows what antibacterial hand wipes are?
- I dream of moving to San Francisco. I visited there a few years ago with my college roommate and just fell in love. I'm trying to get the hubs out there for an anniversary trip to convince him. Wish me luck! lol
Denise - Stamp with Sass - Seriously amazing...I love ever thing she does!
Judith - Jay Gee's Nook - Great style, fun challenges, and a cool shop!
Sue Ann - Simply Sue Ann - Met her over at PTI, beautiful cards and she's funny to boot.
Michele - Studio MSG - Found her through The Playdate Cafe...I pretty much sit and drool/laugh while checking out her blog.
Britta - Britta Swiderski - Another 20-something paper crafter like myself, love her style and am always inspired when I leave her site! She's a Lawn Fawn lover like myself, so another +
Jessica - A Simple Kind of Life - I actually went to high school with her. Why do I love her blog? Um, because I get to see the inside of her house and we all know about how I'm a creeper like that. Plus she has great style.
Laura- Laura Vegas - When I first started crafting I reached out to her and she gave me some great ideas and encouragement. PLUS she does beautiful work, I get lots of ideas for my scrapbooking here.
Danielle - Au Claire de La Luna - She shares my name, so she's automatically awesome! PLUS she is super crafty. I love the home decor things she puts together!
That's all for now! Working on a few cards, but I've got Bunco tonight so they will have to wait til tomorrow.