So Much To Be Grateful For



Hi there crafty friends! It's Cheiron here, and for my post this month I wanted to create a background that was a little more on the artsy side for my pink magnolias.  I created this background using a few of my favorite mediums and added some texture too.  I will walk you through how this card came together.


To begin, I put some Distress Oxides on my craft mat and sprayed them with water, running the paper through the ink several times, drying the layers with a heat tool. I used Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon and Broken China Distress Oxides.


WORDS OF WARNING: when using Distress Resist Spray, put your surface/paper that you are spraying on into an old box and spray it ONLY in the box...this stuff is like liquid glue and it can and will stick to everything it touches!!! Don't spray it on your craft table or anywhere else!!!

Once the panel was dry, I put it into a box and sprayed Distress Resist Spray onto it. Then I added gold embossing powder, shook off the excess and used an embossing tool to heat set it.

Once the embossing was done, I mounted the panel onto a piece of gold paper, then onto a black card. I colored and cut the flowers and I embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and cut it with a circle die and added it to my card.

I know this is not the soft, elegant floral that you may be used to, but I love the texture and hope the recipient will too.  Hope you will try out some of these fun inky, texture filled backgrounds for yourself!


SUPPLIES: 


4 comments

  1. Gorgeous card. Thank you for the tip about using my old box for the Resist spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love how you created the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top