January Guest Designer: Laura Sterckx!

Hi friends and happy Friday!  I'm here today with our January guest designer, Laura Sterx of Making Cards is Fun. If you're not familiar with her, you should head to her blog now! She is young, and fresh, and fun and I am so excited to have here with us for the month!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Hello everybody! It's Laura here from makingcardsisfun.com and I am so happy to be guest designing for Neat and Tangled this month. I had the chance to work with awesome products and I can't wait to share my projects with you. For my first project today, I am using the Little Bear stamp set. This is one of my favorite Neat & Tangled stamp sets. :) Since this is my first blog post for N&T, I decided to kick off with a card that describes my style the best. Cute stamps and sequins.
First, I took a standard size notecard and stamped the adorable bear from the Little Bear stamp set. After coloring him with Copic Markers, I took a leftover piece of wrapping paper. (By the way, you could also use kraft cardstock and stamp white stars on it. The Sparkle and Shine stamp set has some great star stamps in it.) Next, I die cut a circle out of the starry paper and I heat embossed a greeting from the Little Bear set on some vellum using my favorite white embossing powder from WOW. I adhered the banner onto the piece of wrapping paper by simply adding teeny tiny dots of Glossy Accents behind the white letters. 
Afterwards, it was time for the part that I enjoy the most. I created another sequin shaker. This time I used this new product called Fun Foam for the  shaker. I cut it to the same size of the starry paper (4" inch x 5,5" inch). Then, I cut a hole in it using my scissors. Finally, I adhered the Fun Foam onto the card using a strong adhesive and I sprinkled some sequins from the Festive Fall Sequin Mix. Finally, I adhered a piece of acetate behind the circle and I adhered the full window piece on the Fun Foam using some more strong adhesive. That finished up my card. :)

That's it for today! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to share my other projects with you.
Big hugs,
Laura
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
How sweet is that card? What a great start to the weekend!

Next week starts our January release! Be sure to check here, Facebook, and Instagram for sneak peeks starting tonight!

xo
Danielle

6 comments

  1. Super cute!! Laura had great talent :) Can't wait to see what the new release will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a cute and sweet shaker card! Love it... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lil bear! He's so cute:) I love your shaker card and the wrapping paper you used is so cute and a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaawwwww!!! What s super sweet shaker card!! That Kraft and white starry background is so fun! And I just love the bear!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top