Hi there crafty friends!
Linda here with two very CAS cards, that still pack a punch of colour.
I love using really bright BRIGHT colours against an otherwise mostly-white card.
Here they are:
This card was SO super simple to make--less than 10 steps!
1. Cut the card base and score it.
2. Cut a second piece of cardstock 1/4 inch smaller than the card-base around all four sides
3. Using a square punch, die or your paper trimmer, cut a square out of the top corner (or any other shape you want!)
4. Stamp several balloons from the Just For You stamp set, in bright inks. (I used Memento Inks in Danube Blue, Love Letter, Tangelo, Canteloupe and Lilac Posies)
5. Cut the balloons out. Leave a tiny white border around the edge if you wish. Coat the balloons in Glossy accents and set aside to dry.
6. Stamp the balloon strings in black ink.
7. Adhere the balloons where you want them, making sure they fit within the frame of your cut-out shape.
8. Stamp your sentiment!
9. Adhere the front panel, to the cardbase using dimensional adhesive.
The next card was even easier, but I love the effect.
The panel on the right, which has the sentiment on it, is sitting up on dimensional adhesive to give a nice shadow effect.
All stamps on this card are from Just For You as well! Such a versatile set! I think this makes a great masculine card, even wtih the shimmer of the Stickles on the presents. The inks I used were Memento Danube Blue, Pear Tart and Teal Zeal. I really love this colour combination! I'll be using it again.
Well that's it for me! Hope you enjoyed these cards. Both of them could easily be adapted to Christmas cards if you wanted them to.
See you again soon for the release week!