Hey Sweets!

_DSC0008

Hi everyone! It's Suzanne here today with a card that was inspired by Day 5 of the Online Card Classes' Pattern Play series. Last week there was a great video about how to use large patterns in 12x12 paper for cardmaking by cutting out parts of the pattern to make embellishments. That's what I did on my card today using the Full Bloom paper from Little Yellow Bicycle's Just Because collection:


I was also inspired by the awesome color combination in this pattern, so I used Hero Arts wet cement ink to stamp the dotted washi from On the Strip 2 along the bottom of the card, then adding the handcut flowers on top of it. Next, I stamped the bubbles from Just Thinking of You in Versamark, later adding the sentiment from Sketchy Cupcakes in Hero Arts navy ink:


_DSC0012

I added some tiny pearls and crochet thread to embellish the card at the end. Have you tried this technique yet? I am one of the laziest crafters around and have to admit that cutting these flowers was pretty fast and easy!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Suzanne


4 comments

  1. Suzanne, your card is sooo pretty!!! Great tip/reminder about cutting out elements from patterned paper to use in your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card--you did such a great job of picking the right patterned paper, and rearranging the elements for a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Suzanne! Love the bold colored flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top