Happy Mail for Grayson Card Drive!


Hello friends! Today I am here with a very special post and a very special request.

Just before Thanksgiving I heard news that a girl I went to high school with and her family had embarked on an incredibly difficult journey.  You see, they had discovered that their sweet little 2 year old boy, Grayson, had a tumor on his brain stem. Since then they have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride, and this is only part of the journey.  Grayson will begin chemotherapy this month as the next stage of treatment. Through all of this, the family has stayed strong, hopeful, faithful and positive.  Grayson's mom, Jackie, has a blog she keeps updated regularly, so you can get to know more about Grayson HERE.


I do not really have words to describe how this makes me feel, except I want to bring some light into this loving family's life. I knew to start I could make a card. And then I realized that, you too, know how a little card can bring a smile to a difficult day, and so I thought we could just light up Grayson's life with some serious happy mail!  I talked to Jackie, and she informed me that Grayson and his brother love to get mail...and so, here we have the Happy Mail for Grayson Card Drive. 
Print

As I mentioned, Grayson is super lucky to have a big brother, Aydan, who is 4 so make sure to send some awesome cards to him too! These boys love all things boy :) Rescue Bots, Geotracks, Angry Birds, Thomas the Train. Send these little men funny, happy, cards! We all know how much love goes into a handmade card, and even better how personalized they can be!


Here is the important info:

The drive will run from January 21 - February 28
(if they arrive late because they are International that's okay too!)

Send them here:
Grayson Savery and/or Aydan Savery
c/o Danielle Walls
P.O. Box 5808
Wilmington, DE 19808

Thank you in advance for your cards! Feel free to share with your crafty friends as well :) Would love to see my PO box overflowing!

11 comments

  1. SO sweet and kind of you to do this, Danielle! I will be honored to be part of this and help spread the love! I hope this will bring some cheers to Grayson and his family! You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this Danielle. I'd be glad to be part of it.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to start a card drive...I would be happy to be a part of it! Thanks so much for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in... Would love to help! Maybe a few pop ups....xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Danielle! I will share with my facebook friends and when I can drive send them mine as well, they would probably arrive late though :( Can they go in the same envelope for both siblings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That poor little boy...I would be happy to send a card to him and also to his brother. How kind of you to start this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My card is made and I have posted on my blog a link to your story about Grayson and his family. You can find it here http://buttonjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/01/cards-for-grayson.html

    Thanks for doing this for Grayson and Aydan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping your mailbox will be overflowing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made a badge for my sidebar and making cards today! So kind of you to do this for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, aka Button Junkie told me about your wonderful card drive! I have completed a card for Grayson that can be viewed at
    http://blackshadowcreations.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-dig-you-sending-some-happy-mail.html
    I am also planning on making a second card for his brother, and will have both them in the mail by the end of next week. Hope they get more 'happy mail' than your mailbox can hold!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just this post so i will send these 2 sweet boys a card each. I hope that this will help to cheer them up. They will be coming from Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top