Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

You guessed it, a few more of my favorite things.

The past few weeks I have had to trudge over to my moms (all of five minutes away) daily for G to nap since it's much to loud here with all the construction.  She is smart and saves money by only having the most basic of basic cable.  The only downside is that there is literally NOTHING on t.v. mid day (unless you're a fan of the soaps, trash like Jerry Springer, or one of the million Judge whoever shows).  My programs of choice have been re-runs of Real Housewives of NY from 12-1, Judge Alex from 1-2, The Talk from 2-3 (if I'm lucky and he sleeps that long).  But you know what ends up happening to me most days? Three letters...

Q V C  What is it about this channel that hooks me?  I am 26 years old, why am I sucked into watching an hour dedicated to middle-aged women's clothing by Bradley Bayou??  It's just one of those things I can't explain.  Unfortunately (for my wallet), every now and then they actually have something I'm interested in. Several examples are included below.

1. Adele 21

If you're a fan of such artists as Carole King and Diana Birch, then you are bound to love Adele.  Such a soulful voice for a 21 year old!

2. Laura Geller  Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze & Balance and Brighten 
I actually don't wear foundation, but during her demo she showed models just wearing the primer alone and said you could do that too just to give yourself some color. Well, if you know me, you know I am pretty pasty and remain so year round (even summer, I have a very real fear of skin cancer).  Needless to say, SOLD on the bronzer.  So I've been using it for a few weeks and LOVE it.  It gives me a little color, and unlike other bronzers I've tried it's not glittery or sparkly. THEN I found out my mom has been using this balance and brighten powder and loves it, so I had to get me some too.  

3. OPI - Los Cabos Coral
Perfect for spring and summer. Super cheerful.

4. Motherhood Maternity Short Sleeve Scoop Neck T-Shirt

Nothing fancy here, but boy do I love these tee's.  They're perfect to wear at the park chasing G around, to the gym, lounging around, whatever.  The nice thing is you can wear them from pregnancy start to finish and after.  They were having a sale this week buy 2 or more, and get them for 9.99.  You know I had to get a few more. 

4. Avalon Organics Lemon Lotion

During the first few 14 weeks of the pregnancy I was nauseous 24/7. The only smell I could stand was lemon. The only thing that seemed to ease the queasiness was lemon anything (water, candles, candy, etc).  Bath and Body Works had a lemon lotion I was wanting for a long time, but never bought because of the ridiculous price tag.  Don't you know I found this Avalon Organics lotion on clearance at Acme for $2.19! It was originally $12.99.  It smells so fresh and clean.  Even my husband likes to use it (but I didn't tell you that).

5. Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout

Sadly, I had to retire my Jillian Michael's DVDs and running sneakers.  For whatever reason during my pregnancies my joints get EXTREMELY loose early on, to the point where I seriously hurt myself running last time.  I was hoping maybe this pregnancy would be different, but right around 12 weeks I started having the same problems so I nixed the running.  After much research, this DVD came highly recommended, I've been doing it for about a week now and really enjoy it.  It is modified for each trimester which is nice.  It's also a pretty decent workout. To be honest, even if I was pregnant it wouldn't be a bad thing for lighter workout days.  I'm also planning on starting prenatal yoga classes soon, will let you know how that goes.

6. Poynt App for my Blackberry

This is a little gem of an app.  I use it most days to check the weather forecast lol.  It also comes in handy when I get lost, or need to find a place to eat if I'm in an unfamiliar area.  You can do things like look up restaurants, movie times, businesses, etc.  Quite handy.

7. Lion Brand Cotton Ease Yarn

My favorite yarn ever.  It's an amazing cotton blend that washes so well.  Unlike gross acrylics that can pill when you wash them, this never does. It is also super soft and perfect for the little animals I crochet, as well as anything baby.  The only downside is I find it kind of stretchy, so it's hard to get a tight stitch on a blanket.  It's also machine washable and dryable which is perfect for G's toys and blankets, God knows I don't need special hand wash stuff for him.  I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl, my fingers are itching to start making stuff.

8. Damn You, Auto Correct!

Have you checked out this website? It is hysterical, if you have a certain sense of humor.  Warning: it is a big vulgar (unintentionally!).

9. Pregnant in Heels

Even if I wasn't pregnant I'd watch this because some of these women are CRAZY.


There are a million other things I am enjoying right now, but Grey's Anatomy is starting soon so I must go! Night friends!

1 comment

  1. I missed the whole you're pregnant part - congratulations; how exciting! And I love Adele....and QVC. Haven't ordered from them in a long long long time...but I think my itch is coming back...

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top