I Have a Problem

I have a crafting problem.

I visit a craft store (AC Moore, Micheal's, JoAnn's) at least once a week.

I mean, it could be worse, I could be frequenting the Back Side Tavern or 4th Street. But instead my habit includes things like yarn, stamps, glitter, and card stock.

I can go into the store with the intention of buying one thing, and walk out with 10 that I don't even need. I'll buy craft supplies for crafts I don't even do just because they look neat and I'd eventually like to try (ie. rubber stamp carving kit). I always have the best of intentions.

I am a serial project starter.  I can have as many as 5+ projects going at one time.  It drives me mad knowing that I have all these unfinished things just looming. So I am setting some new rules:

Rule #1:  I may only have 2 projects going on at the same time
Rule #2: I will not make any craft related purchases unless they pertain to current projects
Rule #3: I will finish at least one project per week
Rule #4: I will make a list of all projects I would like to do
(I'm going to make a separate page on here so I can keep track)
Rule #5: If there is a new project I'd like to try, I will add it to the END of my list (unless it is time sensitive, ie. a gift for some occasion)

I'm hoping that by putting this in writing I'll stick to it, and stay on track. The holidays are fast approaching and that's usually when I really go berserk with all this stuff. (Note in the picture below, under my desk, the two wooden items I have yet to complete from last year...)


I could sit in my little office/art room for hours. I pull up the blinds or switch on my little light, turn on some music (usually something relaxing like Michael Buble), and get down to business. For a few minutes or hours I get to escape to a different place. I want to repaint the office to something lighter, but this room will eventually turn into baby #2's room whenever that happens. I figure I'll be repainting it again for that anyway, so why make poor Hubs do it twice.
No one puts Baby in the corner!

My work area is actually incredibly neat, it's the closet full of supplies that's scary. I'll take a picture of that tomorrow to share with you. 

No comments

Back to Top